Monday, October 22, 2012

Shop.Deals.Win.


So I've been told to write about my shopping. I don't wanna brag but I'm kinda the master at finding amazing deals..it's a gift I think. I have a small obsession with shopping and there's no high like shopping. The reason I can get away with more shopping is the deals that I look for and find. Here's a few keys to finding "the" deal!
1. When you walk into a store, any store- go straight to the clearance section. 
2. Nordstrom Rack- shoes- go in the clearance section and look for a label that says "Worn and Refurbished"..that is your goal. Word and Refurbished shoes are shoes that over a certain amount of money that a customer buys and returns at Nordstrom. Because of the price of the shoe Nordstrom can't take them back and re-sell them so they send them to Nordstrom's Rack at a cheap cheap price. Another reason is someone bought them and wore them for a small minute and returned them to Nordstrom and again, Nordstrom can't re-sell them so we luck out. Everything at Nordstrom's Rack will go on clearance sometime. If you go often enough and go straight to the clearance section you will find killer deals.
3. Even when things are on sale, they always will go an "Additional 30-40% off"..eventually every store does it. Wait and see if your sale item will go on the additional sale and you'll save more, which means you can buy more!

I rarely buy full price, because after working retail for 2+ years I have learned that EVERYTHING goes on sale. No matter how expensive or high end the product is, stores have to get things out of their stores for the newer thing. You may not have the "in" item right away, but within a month or 2-you'll have it for 1/6 of the price! Here are some of my favorite finds-

Jeffrey Campbell
Original- $109 My price-$24
Worn and Refurbished 
Cashmire Sweater for Jeff
Original-$98 My price-$7.97
NRack Clearance

Jeffrey Campbells
Original-$119 My price-$18
Worn and Refurbished

Jeff's Gap Shirts
Original-$24.50 My price-$3.40
Seven For All Mankind
Original-$189 My price-$23.97
NRack Clearance 
Current Elliots-
Original-$209 My price-$34.97
NRack Clearance 
Alice and Olivia
Original-$265 My price-$27.97
DV
Original-$98 My price-$24
Worn and Refurbished 

Sperrys
Original-$79 My price-$18
Worn and Refurbished 


Steven by Steve Madden
Original-$129 My price-$24
Word and Refurbished 
JBrand
Original-$189 My price-$12.90
NRack clearance

Some of these are just some of the things I wear those most that I got great deals on. It's just to show that some of these clothes-when I bought them at Nordstrom Rack,  they were still full price at Nordstroms or they were in the stores within a month of when I bought them. 
I have 5 pairs of jeans I have boughten on clearance upon clearance that are name brand jeans all under $35.00. 
I love clothes and can't give them up, but I can't pay $190 for a pair of jeans..so I wait and wear them for $25 and they are so much cuter at that price!
Good luck shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment