Sunday, April 29, 2012

Love is in the PINS..

I lived at home for a summer and met this guy named Jordan. He was from Salt Lake living in Spokane for the summer working. Him and I became good friends and hung out all the time. The time came for him for move back to Salt Lake and around the same time I got a job in Park City at a salon. We both moved to Salt Lake and kind of went separate ways for awhile until finally he invited me one night to go hang out with some of his friends considering I didn't know anyone in Salt Lake yet. We were going bowling which is not my cup of tea, but I still went and when I got to the classiest bowling ally in the world....(not) I met his friends, one being the "Jeff" guy. Whatever, he was wearing these baggy shorts (IT WAS JANUARY!) a collared church shirt with a Jazz jersey over it, ya umm no.
 To tell Jeff's side of the story, I was wearing all black, black jeans with a black tee shirt and converse so he thought I was kind gothy. 
I got to talking with the Jeff guy and he was actually kind of funny, but what really made me fall head over heels was when he said...AND I QUOTE, "one day I can wait to smack my wife on the a$$ and hand her the credit card and say baby go for it." Yup, that was it and the rest was history. That night I text our mutual friend Jordan and said I thought his friend Jeff was cute and he should give him my number. While I was doing that, Jeff also was texting Jordan saying the same thing. So matchmaker Jordan hooked us up and Jeff and I saw each other the next few days at little parties and then he asked me out on a date. 
Jeff picked me up and was going to take me to this sushi restaurant downtown. We get to the sushi place and the wait was forever so he said, "I have a gift certificate for the place next door, do you want to go?" So my cheap date took me to Market Street Grill with a gift certificate haha! During our first date though, Jeff spilled marinara sauce on my dress!!
From that date on we were together everyday. On probably our second date, I knew that this was the man I was going to marry with no doubt in my mind.
After about a month or 2 of dating all of our friends decided to book a cruise. Thats when I, as in me-Lacie, asked Jeff to be my boyfriend! Not him asking me, me asking him! The cruise was going to be a risky decision, what if we broke up!? We booked it and we had a blast...After that I knew that this was going to be forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment