Sunday, April 29, 2012

REDO...Start Over!

Many of you have probably found that I erased all my old posts. It was an emotional decision that I know somewhat regret, but what's done is done and now this blog will be about Jeff and I as a couple and what we are going through (but mostly from my side of things.)
This blog will be to get to know Jeff and I from the very beginning, so bare with me for awhile as I tell our fairy tale story...

Jeff was born and raised here in Salt Lake City, Utah. His family never moved homes from the time he was born, and still live in the same house. He went to the University of Utah and graduated with a degree in Mass Communications, which means pretty much he can go into any field and do anything. He got an internship with the company that he still works for and does the PR work for "Don't Drive Stupid" and "Zero Fatalities." He does many many many presentations to teens and even NBA players and NFL players about texting, drinking and distractive driving. 
Whoever knows my handsome 5 foot 9 husband knows that he wishes he was 6'6'' because he would die and go to heaven if he could be a professional athlete. Jeff has a major crush on sports. Football-college and pro, basketball-college and pro, baseball, now hockey and soccer. No matter the season we have a DVR full of sports games and the ESPN channel on the favorites. Jeff plays indoor and outdoor soccer on league teams and has fun pretending with his friends that they are NBA players every once in awhile. 
He is a man of many words. Most couples have once spouse that's the "out spoken" one and one that is the shy, quiet type-not here. We are both outgoing, loud, energetic people. One reason I fell in love with Jeff was that I could put him in a room full of people he's never met and instantly have 5 new friends. He can talk to whoever and people are drawn to him. Shy is not in this household's vocabulary. 
He is by far the best man I know and I would never trade him for the world...(well maybe for a killer pair of shoes, but that's it...and maybe a to die for polka dot pair of pants...but honestly that's it!)

Me, on the other hand..I was born and raised here in the US of A...I was born in Utah and then we moved to Canada to live closer to my dad's family. Then we moved all up and down the California coast, then we got transferred to Kentucky then to Georgia then to Seattle and finally to Spokane, Washington. No, I'm not an army brat, yes I am a brat but not the Army kind. My dad worked in the cell phone industry when it started to boom and so we had to move a lot for his job. I lived in Spokane from 8th grade to senior year and 12 days after high school graduation I was out at BYUIdaho. After about a semester there I still wanted to do hair for a living so I moved to Provo to Paul Mitchell The School. I've been doing hair since and have the best clients! 
As you can tell I love to shop, I love to paint my nails, I love to go to lunch or dinner with friends and I love to shop, and shop. I have an obsession with polka dots and black and white. I'm the type that I love to have any excuse to get all dolled up and go to dinner and then come home grab my sweats and big sweatshirt and cuddle up and watch a movie. I'm usually the loud one at events and get togethers. I'm not known to be shy or quiet. I will admit I love being center of attention and I'm ok with that.

Jeff and I have learned to have lots in common. We are huge Utah Utes fans. We have season tickets to the footballs games and we look forward to the games every year. It has been something we have done since we met and it's something we enjoy together and both can get into! It helps that the Utes have the best colors and Jeff can never say no if I want to buy something for the Utes games!!!
We also play on a co-ed softball team during the spring/summer with a group of our friends. Jeff is usually all into the games and is the third baseman and I just show up with a glove and hope to catch the ball as the catcher. I'm not good and barely ever hit the ball, but I show up and I chomp my gum and pretend like I know what I'm doing! 
Jeff and I both like watching movies. I'm a Redbox, stay home on my couch kind of watcher and Jeff likes to go to the theater, but since the price of a movie is a million dollars...I usually win and we stay home and watch a Redbox!
Jeff and I differ in food. I like my food to be "real" food and Jeff likes his...what's the word....fried? We go to a restaurant and Jeff orders anything dripping in grease or fried and I order a salad with the dressing on the side. 
We differ about clothes. I like to get dressed up and put a cute wedge on with a fun top and all that, Jeff would be happy to wear his shorts (year round) with his white Costco tee and Nikes. I guess opposites attract haha!

This is PRE-JEFFANDLACIE!
So this for a little tiny bit, kind of sums up Jeff and I. We are so complex, I know!










No comments:

Post a Comment